Largest Great White Shark EVER!!

A social network for the scuba diving community in Taiwan.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Largest Great White Shark EVER!!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Largest Great White Shark EVER!! Empty Largest Great White Shark EVER!! Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:59 pm

Joe

Joe
Admin
Admin

This baby is HUGE!! I've never seen one this large. It's reported to be the biggest sighting ever recorded. Once you see it you'll be a believer.

Fortunately we may never know just how big this Great White Shark is. Catching it and weighing it would be tragic. I prefer this method of estimation. Capture the beauty on video.

Last edited by Joe on Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.taiwandivesites.com

2Largest Great White Shark EVER!! Empty GW sharks in Taiwan Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:05 pm

Craig Johnson

Craig Johnson
Dive Instructor
Dive Instructor

A few years ago in north Taiwan there were 3 (I think it was 3) vary large GWs killed by fisherman. One was killed off of Wai-ao beach. The fisherman claimed he was killing GWs to protect the surfers(I have heard there are no confirmed shark attacks resulting in death in Taiwan history, I cannot confirm it however). There also was a very large pregnant female killed, I saw a video of her hanging by the tail, you could see the pups moving in her stomach.

A friend wrote to the government to ask if this could be stopped, the reply said something about there is not enough data to suggest that GWs need protecting.

There are large sharks that frequent the waters off the east coast of Taiwan but I believe their numbers have dropped drastically the last decade.

3Largest Great White Shark EVER!! Empty Re: Largest Great White Shark EVER!! Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:21 pm

Joe

Joe
Admin
Admin

Craig Johnson wrote:The fisherman claimed he was killing GWs to protect the surfers(I have heard there are no confirmed shark attacks resulting in death in Taiwan history, I cannot confirm it however).

I've surfed since I was a boy. So have many of my friends. I have never seen or heard of anyone I know having been "attacked". This is such a rare occurrence that it's not an issue. The sharks see a silhouette of a surfer and mistaken it for an outline of a sea lion or dolphin surfing in the waves. The shape of the board with the surfers arms and legs extended resembles a porpoises. This mistake is very rare. The guy is just wanting to glorify himself by claiming to be some kind of self appointed hero.

Craig Johnson wrote:There also was a very large pregnant female killed, I saw a video of her hanging by the tail, you could see the pups moving in her stomach.

This is really sad. pale

http://www.taiwandivesites.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum